Our own level of peace and wellbeing has such a big impact on the people we share our world with, especially the little people, our children.
They feel what we feel and it’s up to us to take responsibly for the energy we’re putting out.
It’s easy to blame our wellbeing on stuff outside of us that isn’t going right. The harder choice is to choose differently. To chose love in the midst of it.
What we give, we receive.
Our emotions are real. This doesn’t mean put the rosy-colored glasses and and dismiss any negativity.
Let’s be aware of what’s coming up, be compassionate to it, and choose again. In alignment to how we intend to be.
We don’t have to let the emotions and thoughts that don’t serve us to take us over, to become us.
As Susan David says in her book Emotional Agility, “who’s in charge the thinker or the thought?”
It’s up to ourselves to show up differently.
Life Recipe: RAIN-peace begins within
For dealing with tough experiences and emotions
When you are in a place where all you are feeling is negativity. Try these steps called Rain that come from Tara Brach with an added step I added to the end called peace
- Recognize what emotion or thought you are feeling that is causing some pain or discomfort or unease – call it out. Sometimes all a thought or emotion needs is a moment of attention to help it pass.
- Allow it to be – awareness is a powerful thing. With awareness, it does not fester and grow inside of us becoming something bigger it can begin to naturally dissipate.
- Investigate it with kindness. Be curious about it and be kind to yourself. Nobody said we are supposed to be perfect, nobody is. It’s natural to feel this way at times.
- Non-Identification – This doesn’t have to be our story. We all feel these negative emotions at times. No we may go back to our essence of who we want to bw
- Peace – Say to yourself Peace begins within
Peace begins within me
There is a Kundalini meditation around that can ground us in this truth that I learned from Gabby Bernstein.
- Gently press your thumb against your index finger.
- When you touch your index finger, say silently or out loud: PEACE
- When you touch your middle finger, say: BEGINS
- When you touch your ring finger, say: WITH
- When you touch your pinkie finger, say: ME
- Breathe deeply as you say each word. Go as slow or as fast as you’d like.
Throughout the day as you have moments of unease, negativity, frustration. We can use this technique to bring ourself back and shift our energy back to the positive, intentional space where we desire to be. Where are children are and thrive within.