Do you want to simplify and organize your life you so have more freedom and experience more relaxation? Do you want the recipe for a constantly clean house?
Meet Gillian Perkins, a mother, author, and business owner who shared the struggle many moms face of how to keep our home in order and our work + life in balance.
She and her husband had to temporarily live with most of their stuff in storage before they could move into their new home. It was then she discovered how much easier and calmer her life was when she had less stuff.
She developed a simple organization system called SORTED and eventually wrote a book that is now an international bestseller on Amazon. She shares how we can cut through the things that are cluttering up our lives, organize our schedules and belongings, and finally discover relaxation and freedom with a simple method and establishment of routines. It’s freedom through structure.
She shares the overwhelming benefits we can feel from an organized home and how developing solid routines can help you keep the clutter away.
You’ll love hearing more about Sorted, along with many other inspiring thoughts on:
- how clutter can halt your productivity
- balancing work + life
- putting your relationship with your husband first
- how keeping solid routines and being consistent also helps in parenting
Thanks for joining us as we learn about a practical method to organize and order our life so we can find the balance we need to be our best at home and at work.
Life Recipe: Recipe for a Constantly Clean House
Cleaning, working and tidying a clean house is so much easier than doing it in a dirty house. Keep your house constantly clean and chores take much shorter time.
- 40 minutes
- Spend 40 minutes working out your schedule.
- Make a list of everything you need to do each week.
- Sort the list to make it more organized
- Simplify the list. Cut out things you don’t have to do (delete them), and delegate things you don’t like to do.
- Schedule the tasks evenly throughout the week. Plan what time of day you’ll do your daily chore. It works best to do your chores at the same time each day to create a strong habit and efficient (time-saving) routine.
- Make your schedule look neat and pretty, and display it somewhere you’ll see it easily every day (such as your refrigerator or bathroom mirror).
- Do the chore for that day.
- Commit to making your daily chore your #1 priority every day.
- Every day, make sure you do your daily chore + do the dishes before you go to bed.
- Be consistent, and watch as your home magically begins to transform.
#1 internationally bestselling author Gillian Perkins is a mom, successful entrepreneur, and dynamic business woman. She is a prolific content creator and private consultant who enjoys helping others develop order and discover balance in life. Gillian is the founder and executive director of Northwest School of Music. She lives in beautiful, green Oregon with her husband and two young children.
Connect with Gillian